Tuesday, March 17, 2015

La Jolla's Torrey Pines Resort

What can I say about the beautiful Lodge at Torrey Pines? For starters, the resort is absolutely beautiful. The wooden interior and fireplace in the lobby is a very warm welcome, and the staff at the hotel are very pleasant.

I like my room. The beds are comfortable and elegant, the bathroom is spacious, and the shower works well. I like those separate rooms for the toilet, by the way. I did feel like Wifi could be better, and the page for getting free Wifi needs work if the tab to confirm is hidden by the graphics! :0 I do like the Keurig in the room.

Now on to the restaurant and dining. I wasn't given the best first impression with the food here through room service. I found my chicken and pasta to be bland, like the chicken wasn't seasoned enough and the pasta was undercooked.
The main restaurant, Valentin, more than made up for it, though. My mother liked the waitress, Paige, quite a bit. The people in the restaurant and bar were very friendly. I loved their chicken dishes, especially the "brick" chicken. And the desserts were very good too.
The Golfer's grill was also very nice. Good burgers, and I liked the chicken there too. To top it off, they have great espresso (Ryan Bros.).

The pool area is very nice. I like the view from the hot tub.

There's a lot of great things about the lodge. I highly recommend it.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

No comments:

Post a Comment